Ready to fly your drone?
*** NOVEMBER CLASS IS FULL! PLEASE JOIN THE WAIT LIST. ***
Learn the basics of flying small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). Topics include familiarization with various aircraft and system components, basic flight planning, safe flight deck setup and operations, basic flight maneuvers, emergency procedures, autonomous flight mode options, multi-aircraft mission design, and effective programmatic record keeping. Students will become familiar with and receive individual hands-on flight time with a variety of aircraft systems, such as the DJI Mavic, DJI Phantom 4 Pro, DJI Inspire I, and DJI Matrice 200.
- Course welcome and introductions
- Flight Software Application overview
- Flight Planning Overview
- Flight Deck Set Up and Operations
- Hands-On Flight Training Session 1
- Emergency Procedures
- Hands-On Flight Training Session 2
- Autonomous Flight Modes Overview
- Hands-On Flight Training Session 3
- Debriefing and Record Keeping
- Multi-aircraft Missions
- Hands-On Flight Training Session 4
- Perform basic flight maneuvers
- Operate a variety of aircraft and their associated components
- Utilize a safety management system in all areas of operations
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and perform minor system maintenance
Professional Drone Pilot Training programs are conducted by FAA-licensed unmanned aircraft pilots from Adam Ringle Consulting (ARC), a Delaware-based industry leader in UAS training. Training program content is provided by ARC. In cases of inclement weather, classes may be rescheduled.
Who Should Participate?
- First responders (police, fire, rescue personnel)
- Insurance adjusters and real estate agents
- Reporters, film makers, producers, photographers, marketers, web designers
- Engineers, construction professionals, roofers
- Accident scene investigators
- Site and structure inspectors (tower, roofing, building, land surveyor, electrical line, oil and gas fields, agriculture)
- Construction estimators and project managers
- Aerial photographers
- Anyone interested in starting a UAS-based business
- UAS freelancers
- Emergency management professionals (federal, state and municipal level)
- Any other professionals or hobbyists using UAVs
Note: If you do not have an FAA Part 107 remote pilot certificate, please consider registering for our Professional Drone Pilot: Ground School and FAA Part 107 Test Prep along with this course. While enrolling in this class does not require an FAA Part 107 remote pilot certificate, all of our flight training beyond this course will require this certification.
This program is open to any participant age 18 years or older.
All of our drone pilot training courses can be conducted on-site at your place of business. In addition, we can create a customized drone training program based on your needs. For more information or to request a proposal for on-site training, please contact us via the form below.
For More Information