This introductory course provides a hands-on approach to learning the basics of Microsoft Excel and requires no previous spreadsheet experience. Entry-level topics covered include navigating the ribbon, creating and formatting workbooks and worksheets, importing and organizing data, defining tables, formatting and sorting data, setting up filters and subtotals, applying conditional operations using IF statements, inserting various types of charts, working with shapes and images, and securing workbooks and worksheets with password encryption. Students will work independently on exercises and short quizzes throughout the course.
- Gain the foundational skill set needed to navigate throughout the Excel application with confidence.
- Acquire familiarity with Excel’s data management capabilities.
- Gain an understanding of summarizing datasets.
- Learn how to prepare a workbook for distribution on a professional level.
Who should participate?
- Anyone wishing to enhance their employment skills
- Students preparing to interview
- Anyone wishing to learn Microsoft Excel